FHA 203(h) Disaster Victims Loan Program
This is a specialty FHA loan program that provides up to 100% financing to help victims of disasters purchase new properties or rebuild after their homes have been substantially damaged.
The FHA 203(h) disaster loan provides relief forvictims with impacted property in a Presidentially Declared Major Disaster Area (PDMDA).
Causes include hurricanes, tornados, flooding, severe winter storms, wildfires, and mudslides, among others.
- Purchase or reconstruction of owner-occupied single-family homes
- Up to 100% financing available
- Seller-paid closing costs permitted, up to 6%
- Credit will be manually underwritten. Late payments may be ignored from the underwriting analysis if they take place after the date of the disaster and are found to have been caused by the displacement.
- Fully Amortizing Fixed Rate.
- 10-year, 15-year, 20-year, 25-year, and 30-year term options.
- Single-Family Residence, Manufactured, FHA Approved Condos, PUDs.
- Primary Residence Only
Available to renters as well as homeowners
Renters who are displaced by a disaster may be eligible to purchase a new home with 100% financing through this program and exempt from the 3.5% down payment requirement that comes with the standard FHA loan.
Use at the right time for you
In the days and weeks immediately following a disaster, it may not be possible to focus on the next steps towards establishing long-term housing or homeownership. Thankfully, eligibility for this program begins as soon as the US President declares the disaster and remains for one year from that date of declaration.
Choose to rebuild or move on
Financing can be used to either rebuild a home that was destroyed, or to buy a new property in a completely different location – neighborhood, city, or state.
WHY CHOOSE EPM?
Give yourself the advantage over competing bids. Harness the power to negotiate with the seller. Save time by looking at properties you know you can afford.
Work with a safe FHA Direct Endorsement Lender. Deal with the decision maker; we approve and fund your loan. Our personal approach means all your questions are answered.