With summertime well on its way, you aren’t alone if you are itching to get out of town and take a Great American Road Trip. Summer 2020 was made for trips to the socially distanced, great-wide-open. With some flexibility and preparation, we have some ideas to help you and your family hit the road safely, and have a great time.
– Are you a planner? Find everything from car-ride scavenger hunts to snack packing checklists, to first-aid and emergency supply lists. Somebody else has already done the hard work. All you need is a quick google search and some printer ink to make preparation for your trip a breeze.
There’s an App for That
– Map it out in the palm of your hand- the WAZE app is a great place to start. You can get food apps, gas apps, apps for pet-friendly lodging and resources, traffic apps, apps that will give you history, awesome detours, and cool points of interest on the drive. There is literally a free app for everything to make your trip full of fun and give you time for lots of adventures along the way.
– Want to be able to walk to the beach? Maybe you dream of being just a short hike from a waterfall? Just want to get away from it all but have a safe place to rest your head? Forget the hotel (especially with travel advisories still in effect) and check out a short term rental. There are plenty of deals to be had whether you’re looking to rent a cabin in the woods or a beach bungalow with an ocean-facing patio. There are some conditions, but finding a great property that includes a sanitizing and cleaning structure within their contracts is actually pretty easy in many awesome vacation locales around the US.
– There are tons of open campgrounds around the nation, and plenty of state and national parks that are open and would make for a great adventure even for first-time campers. Bring your RV or just a tent. There are so many cool and easy ways to camp out and get back to nature. Camping is a great feeling after being cooped up inside all spring.
Sometimes There is Really No Place Like Home
– Not quite ready to hit the open road? Pitch that tent in the backyard, get a fire pit and throw some hot dogs and marshmallows on skewers, drag out the games, pop a top, and have some amazing time with your family. There are also some really great virtual road trips you can find online that give you the history and views of awesome locations around the world from the comfort of your own home. You can take a look at a safari webcam, explore museums or state and national parks, or take an underwater scuba diving adventure without leaving the living room.
There is no wrong way to enjoy your summer vacation, just make sure you know there is something fantastic and fun out there for everybody and every budget! It might take a little research and time to make sure it’s a great trip, but there are lots of memories waiting to be made.
EPM is here for you and your family in so many ways, if you’re ever in need of some home financing or a home refinance, contact us at (877) 255-3554 or click the link here to find out more.